At least 48 hours prior to a pesticide application at a school, the school corporation must provide planned pesticide application details to parents, guardians, and staff members requesting to be notified. Parents, guardians and staff must register with the school to receive such advance notice.
To be included in the notification registry, contact the Superintendent’s Office at 812-295-2595. Once registered, you will receive an email or phone notification with the following information at least 48 hours prior to a pesticide application:
- name or address of school,
- contact information for more details (name, license #, telephone #),
- anticipated date & time of pesticide application,
- pest(s) being targeted (i.e. weeds, bedbugs, fleas, roaches, ants…),
- description of application area (i.e. baseball field, fence lines, kitchen…),
- pesticide(s) to be used (brand name, EPA reg. no. & manufacturer).