The Conexus Interns program needs more students! Applications are due this week for the paid, local, summer internships with advanced manufacturing and logistics (AML) companies. Loogootee-based company, Loughmiller Machine, Tool & Design is looking to host two interns. Currently there are no local candidates!
It’s a great opportunity to learn more about AML careers which are some of the most well-paid and in-demand in our state. Internship requirements include:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be a rising junior or senior in high school
- Have an attendance rate of 95% or better during the fall semester
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better
- Be enrolled or have completed Hire Technology coursework and/or PLTW pre-engineering
- Have a 3.0 GPA (on 4.0 scale) in Hire Technology or Project Lead the Way classes
- Be referred by school personnel (teacher, counselor, administrator, etc.)
- Provide own transportation to and from internship site
- Have a strong interest in pursuing additional education or careers in manufacturing or logistics after high school
- Have a strong work ethic, strong communication skills, and a desire to learn
- Be drug free
Internship Application The Deadline is January 31, 2017!