School Notification System
SendIt is the notification system used by Loogootee Community Schools. SendIt allows Loogootee Community Schools to send instant communication via phone, SMS text message, and e-mail to parents and staff. Our goal is to utilize this effective and efficient communication system as part of our continuous effort of keeping staff, students and parents informed and safe. All students are enrolled in this service. The primary phone number on file with the district will be used to contact you in the event of a school closing.
As a parent / guardian, this new notification system allows you the opportunity to identify your notification preferences and opt in / out of specific message types through your Skyward Family Access account. Changes to your contact information can be done via Skyward Family Access or by contacting the secretary at the school in which your child is enrolled.
Be sure to verify or update your Student and Parent/Guardian Information today!
How can I change my notification preferences?
Go to your Skyward Family Access link. Once logged in, click on Skylert on the General Information menu on the left navigation bar. Your Skylert settings will display. If you desire to make changes, click on Edit on the right of the screen.
Here are a few tips to make your Skylert system experience more effective:
- Be sure to login to Skyward Family Access to make changes to your home, cell, and work numbers. •
- Like most automated calling systems, there will be a pause after you pick up the phone before the message is delivered. During that time, the system is assessing whether it has reached a live voice or answering machine and it is assessing the quality of the connection.
- If you are in a noisy location or if you are on a cell phone in a windy location, the message might be restarted several times, not delivered at all, or cut off during delivery.
- If you do not clearly hear the message, you can press the * key on your phone to repeat the message.
- When Loogootee Community Schools distributes a SendIt system message, the caller ID (when applicable) will display the Superintendent's Office phone number (812-295- 2595).
- Emergency notifications will reference events such as school closings, safety related incidents, and other emergency notifications determined by district administrators. Emergency notifications will be sent between the hours of 5:45 AM and 10:00 PM, or as needed.